Saturday, August 2, 2008

I'm a Contestant in The Baby Lock Passion for Fashion Sewing Challenge!

I'm so excited! I'm going to be a contestant at the 2nd annual Baby Lock Passion for Fashion Sewing Challenge at the American Sewing Expo in Novi, MI.

I entered my skirt, that started out here, because the rules called for something I had made in the last 2 yrs and I hadn't taken the time to make something new.
Reconstructed Bias Denim Skirt-Chevron
They are also going to keep my skirt for a display they are having. I'm guessing its the Reconstruction Zone where they will be doing a DIY on Jeans.

It is a 3 day event with an all day sewing session on Friday September 26th and the Fashion Show on Saturday at 5pm. I'm not worried about getting things finished on time, I'm just thinking about the creative side, part of the contest is to "make it your own". I'll be flipping thru my patternmaking books until then that's for sure!

I can't find any information about what the prizes are, but its sure to be a great experience!

Wish me luck!

No comments: