Sunday, September 23, 2012

Katwise is Fabulous

I found Katwise on Etsy a while ago.  I was looking to see if recycled sweaters were selling there. I often think I'm nuts for wanting to cut up something and make it into something else.

Her sweaters are fabulous! They are probably more interesting than anything I will ever make, but I found myself squinting at the computer screen trying to get a better look.  Then she listed a tutorial! I didn't want to buy it because I didn't want to copy.  But, my curiosity got the best of me and I bought it for myself on my birthday this year.

It is well worth the price.  It is full of color and fun just like her website. She gave me a lot to think about, how to choose sweaters and how to use them.  She recommends the little Juki MO-644D Garnet Overlock that I've used and think is great.

I wasn't going to link to the video that I got in the email with the tutorial,  but it shows up on the first page of google when I put Katwise in the search box. So here it is!




She also has a great one of her spinning in her coats on her colorful farm in NY.



I'm not sure if I will ever make one, but I have a lot more to think about and I am grateful.  Well, maybe I'll make one...

No comments: