Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Zippered Hoodie Recycled/Upcycled from 2 T shirts

I really like how this turned out. I don't wear much pink, but the color combination reminds me of what I would've worn in high school.

It was made from a size 4X pink T and a larger size long sleeved grey T shirt. The inside is overlocked with my Juki and a 4 thread stitch. I used my home Pfaff for all the trim and piecing because I havn't gotten one of these yet and my awesome industrial straight stitch Pfaff *refuses* to stitch on knit. It also has a vintage custom zipper pull. I've got about 150 of these nice metal zippers in 4-6 different lengths.
 






The hoodie has a nice feminine shape to it but, unfortunately, its too small. I have to make the pattern bigger and try again with more T shirts!

No comments: