Sunday, June 7, 2015

Deconstructing denim and Pfaff 138

I've been recycling denim for a few years now. My brain loves the different blues together! I'm creating things that I like and people are buying what I'm making. What a crazy concept!

Its a good feeling getting these ideas out of my head. I can't really explain it. I've had this rug idea for a couple years, but didn't have the Pfaff 138 running. I can't even remember for sure when I bought it! Has to be at least 6 years. It was a fabulous deal on craigslist, $250.00. I needed the umph of an industrial type machine and the huge zigzag. It isn't very big yet only 10" x 25". Mary pointed out that it will be crazy heavy when its done, but I'm making it anyway. Not sure yet how big, we'll see!





Here is some other recycled denim I've been working on. A poncho and a tunic.





No comments: