Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Vintage Windbreaker Repair

Outside Repair
Originally uploaded by Diane Slade Inc
I have this beautiful vintage windbreaker up on etsy.

When I was getting the measurements, I discovered that the side seam stitching was unraveling.

The jacket was sewn with a serger and chain stitch, if the chain stitch gets dinked at all the whole thing comes out. I don't know what caused the problem, but I went all the way down the side twice to fix the problem. And just because I'm not sure what caused the problem initially, I did the other side for safe keeping.

Inside Repair

My thread *is* orange, but doesn't match the jacket. The repair is neat though and doesn't show on the outside.

No comments: